Please sign in to post.

Travelling with Kids

Noticed this at a ticket website recently, a good list of how to keep your children occupied during a long flight. Click here to see it. Most of the tips are self-evident, but might be useful to those who've never made a long-disstance flight with their children. What's REALLY interesting is the link on the page to their "Kid-Friendly Airport Diversion Guide," a pdf file with kids' activities at 24 U.S. airports, three Canadian, and 10 overseas, including London Heathrow, Frankfurt, and Paris Charles de Gaulle.

Posted by
9122 posts

You just take the monorail over to terminal 2. Takes a couple minutes. It is not behind security. Parents can sit and drink coffee and watch the planes land and the kids can play in this rocket ship / ball area that is huge.

Posted by
582 posts

My son is grown, but I still looked at the site. How nice to have a guide like that for parents of young children! Salzburg was not on the list, but I guess they didn't list smaller airports. When I was there, I was impressed by the playground they had at the gate. I sat near there to watch the kids. It was entertaining.
Keep Traveling!
Lisa P.

Posted by
9122 posts

I used to take my kids out to the Frankfurt airport on rainy days to play at the McDonalds area in Terminal 2. We even had a birthday party out there and took a daycare group out there too, when an excursion got rained out. It is a great place to let your kids get the kinks out before a long overseas flight.

Posted by
671 posts

Jo, how does that work if you are in Terminal 1? Are they behind the same security?