Please sign in to post.

shopping

We are going to be in Paris in a couple of weeks and our grandchildren would like sweatshirts and t shirts from Paris. I was there a couple of years ago and could not find either one. I would appreciate any information on this subject.
Thank you Shirley

Posted by
59 posts

There are numerous souvenir shops along the seine, especially the left bank around Notre Dame area, but you will find them at most tourist sites. My daughter bought the classic 'I love Paris' for 12 euro this summer. There were alot to choose from, many with the Eiffel tower of course. I don't recall seeing any in regular shops or the larger department stores.

Posted by
8293 posts

Usually there are vendors just outside the big department stores (Galeries Lafayette and Printemps), on the sidewalk, selling just the kind of things you seek.

Posted by
2030 posts

There are several stores selling t-shirts and sweatshirts, scarves, hats, etc. along the Rue du Rivoli -- across from the Louvre and Tuilleries.
They might be a bit more pricey than other locations -- I got a sweatshirt there a couple of years ago and I think I paid around 32 Euros for it.
It's nice & good quality though.

Posted by
204 posts

there is a souvenir shop at the top of the champs elysee, right where you see the arc de triomphe up close. turn right on the last street and you'll see the shop. prices are not bad.

by the base of the eiffel tower, there are also small shops on 'wheels' which also sell shirts. i regret not buying a yellow 'tour de france' shirt here in 2006.

Posted by
25 posts

Thank you for the shopping information. This will allow me to make better use of my time.
Shirley

Posted by
2776 posts

Hi Shirley, you could go to the Paris Hard Rock Cafe and get t shirts and sweatshirts. I know a lot of children like getting t shirts from different Hard Rock Cafes.

Posted by
1633 posts

We also like to buy t-shirts, key chains, beer can openers, etc. at the Hard Rock Cafes. In Paris, it's located right on Champs Elysee. Have fun in Paris!

Posted by
2091 posts

Actually, Planet Hollywood was located on the Champs Elysées; the Hard Rock Cafe is in the 9th arr at 14, rue Montmartre.