Please sign in to post.

International Reply Coupons???

We want to book the Key Ceremony at the Tower of London for our trip in December. We followed the advice in Rick's London travel guide, but have hit a snag in obtaining the International Reply Coupons from the USPS. According to their 1-800 number, the US stopped issuing IRQs in October of 2007. Does anyone have any ideas how solve this problem?

Many thanks.

Posted by
75 posts

You might try calling them:

Ceremony of the Keys Office
Tower of London
LONDON, EC3N 4AB
Great Britain
Tel: +44 (0)20 3166 6278

I also had a hard time finding International Reply Coupons last year.

Hopefully, the office will be able to help you.

Good luck. It's a neat ceremony.

Posted by
14812 posts

Whoever you spoke to at the Post Office, doesn't know what they are talking about.

INternational Reply Coupons

Posted by
7209 posts

I totally agree with Frank on this one. Ask to speak with someone else...after all you ARE dealing with a government subsidized monopoly with questionable hiring practices. They don't always (don't usually) get the cream of the crop for employees!

Posted by
12 posts

So far I've had five Post Office employees at different levels (including the manager of a large post office) that these things, in fact, have been discontinued. I asked what I could do, and suggested I contact the Canadian post office! Sheeesh!

Posted by
14812 posts

What happens is that the U.S. Post Office no longer issues them but they are sold in the U.S. by the Post Office. But not all Post Offices have them. It depends on demand.

Print out the link below and take it to your Post Office and ask to speak to a supervisor. They may have to order the coupons.

INternational Reply Coupon

If the post office still doesn't want to help, You may have to contact the main post office in Houston and ask for help. IRC's are not very common anymore as most places now will let you transfer money or tickets electronically. The Tower of London is still in the Dark Ages--literall.