Please sign in to post.

Sleeping in Venice Marco Polo?

I'm thinking about sleeping in Venice MP airport in October. We are going to fly from Frankfurt to Venice in the morning , spend time there until about 10-11PM and then go to Marco Polo for an early next day flight, around 6:30AM. Has anyone slept in this aiport? I know about the sleepinginairports.com , but there is only one comment, dated 2005.I need more acurate info about it. I think there is a sitting area before the check-in desks. That's where I'm thinking about to "settle" for a few hours., but I don't know if sleeping would be allowed. Not all the airports are the same. Thanks

Posted by
9363 posts

You might look at the website for the airport and see if they have maps of the terminal. You might be about to identify some places that are likely to have benches. I think you'd be better off farther from the main doors than near the check-in desks.

Posted by
1358 posts

I haven't slept in Marco Polo, but I have slept in Milano Malpensa one night. They may be similar. I found it OK.

I would inspect it carefully to find a place that will be quiet and with long seats without armrests so you can lie down.

Ask security if they will permit your staying overnight. Ask what time the lights go out. If it doesn't work out go to a hostel or hotel nearby.

Posted by
1158 posts

Thanks you all.
I am trying to find out BEFORE I get to the airport, if there are any chances to get kicked out or not.