Please sign in to post.

21 night Eastern European holiday - June 2023

Hey all,

I'm from Sydney, and Eastern Europe has been my dream location for years. Never been to Western Europe, this is my priority, and first European destination. I'm 37 and although not a museum or art guru I do enjoy war history, a nice atmosphere, and good food/drinks.

My itinerary (heavily influenced by Rick Steve's) is as follows. This is going over June and July 2023:
Krakow: Tuesday - Friday (3 nights)
- Auschwitz 100%
- Salt Mines highly considered

Prague: Friday - Tuesday (4 nights)
- Kutna Hora: considering a day trip, or spending a night. If any day is a typical Kutna Hora closure day can you advise? I would be looking at Friday or Monday to spend the day/night.

Cesky Krumlov: Tuesday - Thursday (2 nights) - Konopiste Castle on route from Prague (Tuesday).

Vienna: Thursday - Saturday (2 nights)

Bratislava: Saturday - Sunday (1 night)

Budapest: Sunday - Thursday (4 nights)
- Eger: considering a day trip, however 1-2 nights also seems typical? If any day is a typical Eger closure day can you advise? I would be looking at Eger on either side of the trip, so Sunday - Monday/Tuesday, or Tuesday - Wednesday/Thursday.

Ljubljana: Thursday - Monday (4 nights)
- Considering spending 2 nights in Lake Bled, or 1 in Bled and 1 in the Julian Alps. If you know either town has a typical closure day, please let me know. Based on wanting a rental car for Bled/Julian I would be looking at Bled/Julian (either order) from Thursday - Saturday (2 nights in 1 location, or a night each), or Saturday - Monday. I would like placed open in the towns I'm in on the day, so happy to take whichever option is better.

I had Prague at three nights, and gave my partner the option of another night in Prague, Vienna, or Bratislava, and Prague was the preference pushing it to four nights..

Based on flight bookings the following days are set.
Krakow (in full), Prague (arrival date only), Budapest (departure date only), Ljubljana (in full).

Between Prague and Hungary I believe that would be trains, but flexible at the moment as not possible to book.

I have only booked hotels in Krakow and Bratislava, but Slovenia hotels look insane... Any advise?

Thank you.

There are no replies to this topic.