Please sign in to post.

2024 Europe trips

I want to have 1 week in London and the 21 best of Europe tour. For myself, wife and daughter as a graduation present. Is it possible?

Posted by
365 posts

Planning a 2024 trip myself, but not sure what your question is… are you allowed to add on dates beyond a tour? Of course if you can afford the vacation time.

Posted by
6323 posts

Of course it is. Is there any reason you would think it isn't? You can either fly to London before the tour starts and then travel to meet up with the tour, or head to London after the tour is over. You would probably have to pay for a single supplement for your daughter. Here is a link to information about the tour: https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/europe/europe-21-days

Posted by
8383 posts

The idea that you would have to pay for a single supplement for your daughter is not necessarily accurate unless you want her to have her own room. If you are fine with sharing, often you can have a triple room. You would need to double check with RS Tours on the specific tours, but I have certainly seen this on tours.

Are you asking if you can combine two different tours? If so, the answer is yes, but it is wise to leave a day or two in between. The schedule for 2024 tours is unlikely to be released prior to the spring of 2023. You can contact the RS tours office and they would be more than happy to answer any questions.

This sounds like a lovely graduation gift. It is very kind of you to be arranging this for your family.

Posted by
2448 posts

You could do the London part as a tour, certainly, but I think there’s a lot to be said for doing it on your own.

Posted by
13946 posts

This makes a really good combo, either with London as a RS tour (if the dates line up) or on your own. I spent about a week in London prior to my 21 day BOE and it was really fun.

I agree you should have at least 1 extra night in Haarlem ahead of time if not 2. Give yourself some flex time in case of transportation hiccups. Taking the Eurostar from London to Amsterdam is very easy..much moreso than flying.

If you can add a night or 2 in Paris I’d do that as well!!