Please sign in to post.

Europe in February

Does anyone have a great destination reccomendation for a 8-10 day trip in Europe in February. My Europe experiences have all been summer experiences.

Posted by
390 posts

London and Paris are my top two places in the winter. The museums, restaurants, theatre, and shopping are still just as wonderful! And their winters aren't nearly as bad as Nebraska's!

Posted by
2207 posts

Paul - I agree it depends on your interests. a couple years ago, we did a week in Switzerland in February and had a great time. Zurich, Interlaken, Wengen, etc. we rode the Jungfrau train to the top of Europe. If you're a skier even better!

On the flip side, this year, we hopped Easyjet to Madrid and spent a week in Spain! I used to live there and it was great to go to see the places we grew up! We did Madrid, Segovia, Toledo, and other little towns surrounding Madrid.

In both cases we primarily traveled by train but rented cars for one or two day excursions! So, it depends on what you like to do. My wife teaches and the last week of February they have no school - It's SKI WEEK for the Italians!

Good luck in your choices - I don't think you'll go wrong if you just follow YOUR interests!

Ciao,
Ron