Please sign in to post.

iPod in Rental Car?

We're renting a car for several days in Germany --- I have one of those iPod hook-ups that plugs into a cigarette lighter and uses radio waves to play through your car speakers... will that work? (sorry if it's a dumb question!)

Posted by
4555 posts

It should be fine....most of these mini-transmitters offer three or four different frequencies you can switch between, so you should be OK in Europe, although be aware that in some urban areas, their FM band is VERY crowded with stations.

Posted by
115 posts

I am also planning on doing this, so I can't see it being a problem :)

Beats carrying around cds :)

Posted by
1 posts

I did the same thing in Ireland last year and it worked very well. I'm pretty sure Germany will be fine too.

Posted by
194 posts

I was recently in Ireland, and we had a rental car--a Hyundai. We used an iPod hook-up like the one you're talking about for a while, but our car, which seemed pretty new, actually had a (bear with me, I might be using the wrong terminology) USB port in it. I plugged in the cord I usually use to upload songs onto my iPod from the computer, and it instantly started playing songs. It was nice, because then you're not using up the battery charge. However, it was kind of annoying, because it kept starting at the beginning of some list I didn't set up myself. Each time we plugged it in, it was the same thing.