Please sign in to post.

Camera Question

Just a shot in the dark that someone might be able to answer this question. I'm taking a Kodak Easyshare M763 to Britain. It has the capability of USB charging - which is great since I'm taking my laptop. Charging it is not a problem. However, I'm finding it difficult to locate on the camera how to tell how much battery life is left. There doesn't seem to be an icon anywhere to inform me. It is very possible that I'm dealing with the proverbial snake that is trying to bite as I look right past it, but I can't seem to figure it out and I don't find any mention of it in the User's Manual (hardcopy or online). If anyone has a Kodak Easyshare and knows how to figure this out, I'd love to learn.

Thanks!

Posted by
347 posts

Thanks for the responses. I broke down and called Kodak and apparently this camera only shows a battery icon when the battery is low - which means 10 pictures left! It is supposed to take 350-400 pictures per battery, though, so I should be okay just recharging it each night. Thanks for the input.

Posted by
225 posts

It appears that the manual (online) shows a typical battery icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It appears to be obvious, but that doesn't mean it actually shows up on your camera. If it doesn't, it might be worth a trip or phone call to whomever you purchased it from.

Posted by
347 posts

It is not on the screen...perhaps I'll call Kodak and find out if there is something I need to do to make it appear. I've scrolled through all the "menu" options what seems like 15 times and none of them seem to allude to battery life.

Posted by
45 posts

Just a shot in the dark as I havne't used the Kodak Easyshare, but on my Cannon Powershot there's a button that changes the display options. Maybe you have something like that on your camera?

Posted by
12172 posts

That's my guess, you may have inadverdently changed your display options.

Posted by
32206 posts

Cary, in the Kokak M763 User's Guide, a battery icon is clearly shown in the lower right corner. It would seem logical to have this displayed continuously, however perhaps this is accessed via a View or Menu option?

Two suggestions you might try - either ask the sales staff at the store where you purchased the Camera OR make a call to the Kodak US customer support line at 1-800-235-6325.

I use a variety of Canon Cameras, and on my SD-870 (for example), the "Disp." button toggles the battery icon (and other display information) so this is either visible or not. Does the Kodak have a similar control button?

Hope this helps. Good luck!