Please sign in to post.

london theatre tickets

I would like to know if I should book tickets for the Lion King and Phantom on line or wait till I get there the end of June. What about booking through London Eye or VisitLondon. Would appreciate any information. Thanks Also your thoughts on booking on line for the London Eye or can I wait till I get there.

Posted by
23177 posts

You can do it all after you arrive. I doubt if either would be available at discount so just go to the theater box office the day or afternoon before. Same of the Eye. The crowds are substantially reduced for the eye. You can get a fast track ticket which gives a definite time.

Posted by
208 posts

Georgie - if you're going to be going on a traditionally busy night (Saturday) and you want to be sure of a ticket (Lion King - wouldn't worry too much for Phantom) you can get it through Ticketmaster.com.uk. To check the particular seats, go to theatremonkey.com and it will give you what seats are good or not. If you've not seen TLK - I would suggest a middle aisle seat - but in such a way you can see the balcony as well. You'll love it -I've seen it 4 times already and am going back in September!

Posted by
1455 posts

I got discounted seats for Spamalot on Londontown.com. They were in the 2nd tier (ie: Mezzanine for us) and I saved 15 euros. I've used them before and they have packages for some shows.

London Eye you can get the tickets there. You literally walk up, pay, and then walk to the Eye. Even if there's a long line, don't worry. The Eye is constantly revolving, and the capsules hold quite a few groups.

Posted by
8700 posts

IMO the best site for advance tickets is Official London Theatre. On this site you will also find information about day-of-performance discount tickets at the tkts booth in Leicester Square. Discount tickets are not sold for Lion King, but they are for Phantom.

Another way to get a cheaper ticket is to call the theatre box office the morning of the performance and ask for "concessions" like returned tickets.

Posted by
3428 posts

We have used Albemarle of London to purchase advance theatre tickets for many years now. We always get good service from them and they are very reliable. Sometimes we have had them mail us the tickets and sometimes had them sent to our first hotel. Their site has seating diagrams,etc.

Posted by
208 posts

Georgie -
Wasn't sure if you got my PM by now - but the seats you sent me the info on - Row H, 9 & 10 - are FANTASTIC for this particular show!! Grab those seats if they're still available! When I say fantastic, I mean just awesome! My first time to TLK was Row K seat 35 or 37 (the end). Great to be on the floor - but because you're sooooo far to the one side, part of the show is cut off. That middle aisle is a great spot to be in. You'll get to see all of the action - pay attention at the beginning of the show and after the intermission, make sure you look up and around! That's all I'll say!

Let me know how you like it!

Posted by
10 posts

My husband and I just got back from a whirlwind tour of Europe. We were in London for 4 days, and since it was such a short time I considered getting tickets in advance for the theater. However, after seeing all of the prices online (in British Pounds = x 2 in Dollars) I decided to wait. A fellow tourist, whom we met on the hop-on-hop-off tour, suggested that we get same day tickets at the "official half-off tickets" at "TKTS" (watch out for the multiple "half-off ticket" places which really aren't half-off). The official place is TKTS (red building) in Leister Square, right next to Piccadilly Circus. We got great seats (ORCH row 7) for Les Miserable for 30GBP each (really half-off the face value). We heard that long running shows like Les Mis, Phantom, and Lion King were more likely to have seats than newer shows. Hope that helps.

Posted by
51 posts

I bought tickets for Wicked on-line through Ticket Master and picked them up at will-call. That way I knew I had good seats and didn't use up valuable vacation time hunting tickets.