Please sign in to post.

Cheapest place to fly to in Europe from Los Angeles?

Want to find out where is the cheapest point of entry into Europe?

First time to Europe last September - Paris, London, Rome. Money wasn't a problem for me last year but this year is tight. Just want to go back again any way I can. Want to revist the same cities and some outlying areas in each this time. Last year did 5 days in each city on my own. I'm hooked. Open to other countries too of course. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Caryn

September October 08

Posted by
15602 posts

This will vary depending on airline deals. LOndon probably has the most non-stop flights from LAX but it it's busy, you won't see deals. My suggestion is to subscribe to the "weekly special" emails that most airlines have--especially those that fly to the cities you're interested in going to.

Also look into package vacation deals offered by airlines that include airfare and hotel. October is a time of year you might get a great deal.

If you fly anywhere else in Europe, factor in the cost of going from that city to one of the cities you want to visit. And remember, traveling in one direction, withoug doubling back, will also save you money. Sometimes an open jaw will actually be cheaper than a round trip with an additional flight back to your arriving city.

Posted by
1455 posts

caryn,
Posted my response here in your other post:

click here

Posted by
1455 posts

Caryn I was in London last October and found great deals from LAX. Base price was $500 + tax came to $899. I think I could have found a cheaper one but this was direct to LHR.

I'm heading back next month to Paris via London because it was $500 cheaper. From London I'm taking the chunnel to Paris but normally I'd fly BA to CDG, which on cheaptickets I could get for $100 one way.

You can start London, Paris, and fly home from Rome.

Posted by
272 posts

caryn-
from all my research.....and i usually do a lot!!....the cheapest flights from LA to Europe are usually flying into London, Madrid or Frankfurt. I would check those cities first.

Posted by
10344 posts

Also into Dublin airport, which has among the lowest airport taxes and fees in all of Europe, according to this link: tips on buying airfare to Europe

Posted by
4555 posts

A couple of ideas....if your schedule allows, travelling on Tues-Thurs will likely save you a few $$$....and check out smaller suburban airports near where you live. Travelling out of Burbank, for example, is about $50 less than LAX on the traditional Fri departure-Sun return. Use a search engine like kayak.com and sign up for their fare alerts (in addition to the airlines' as posted earlier), and use London as your destination, not just London-Heathrow, since some airlines fly into London-Gatwick.

Posted by
103 posts

I've had good luck with Frankfurt and Cologne...