Please sign in to post.

Internet Cafes

I'm planning a trip to Europe in September with my friend. We are starting out in Amsterdam traveling through Germany and ending in Italy. Does anyone know of any good websites or ways I can find out where the internet cafes are located over there? I know they have some, but I wanted to try to plan a few ahead of time and not wing it.

Posted by
440 posts

Kirsten, Mr Google does it everytime, bless him. internet cafe+ city name and voila.

Posted by
32201 posts

Kristen, Net Cafes are not hard too find. Rick's Guidebooks have listings for most cities. Also, if you're staying in Hostels, some have Net facilities on the premises or at least close by. Finally, you can ask the staff at your Hotel / Hostel as they will be aware of which Net Cafes are close by.

Be aware that in Italy, you'll need to provide your Passport in order to use computers at Net Cafes. I was told that the "registration rule" doesn't apply to those using Wi-Fi, which seems a bit odd?

Good luck and happy travels!

Posted by
12172 posts

You don't have to create a list of locations before you go. Any TI will also be able to point you toward a nearby internet cafe.

If I were planning ahead, I might try to find internet cafes where you can do your laundry and/or order a beer.

Posted by
1455 posts

Kristen, you can also find internet cafes in the strangest place. In Swizerland we found one in the Burger King. With a purchase of a value meal we got 15 free minutes. That gave us enough time to check our email and post a few entries in our blog.

Posted by
19092 posts

Before my last trip to Bavaria in October, I researched Internet cafes on the web and found them few and far between. I think most Germans are getting their own broadband connections and foresaking cafes. Thank goodness I had my own notebook computer because I found that even the smallest pension probably have wifi. I found four Internet cafes, two had only one computer. I watched an entire tennis match at a sport's bar in Weikersheim while I waited, unsecccessfully, for the one computer to become available.

Posted by
12040 posts

Germany probably has fewer internet cafes than many other European countries, but they still have enough that you won't have trouble finding any in the more touristed areas.