Please sign in to post.

15th arrondisement Paris

My husband and I are planning a 3-4 week stay in Paris in August of next year. In the past we've always stayed in the 6rh but have found a very attractive apartment on Rue de Lisbon in the 15th. Is this a safe/convenient area in which to stay?

Thanks for the help.

Mimi S.

Posted by
8293 posts

I have stayed several times in the 15th, at a hotel on Emile-Zola, and it was fine. A mix of commercial and residential where we were. We used the No. 42 bus to come and go. Great bus route. It has a stop at Champs de Mars where you can see (or visit) the Tour Eiffel, and the route terminates at Gare de Nord.

Posted by
2466 posts

The address you gave is actually in the 8th arrondissement, and is spelled "Lisbonne".
This address might or might not be legitimate, since it gives the wrong arrondissement.
I'd clarify this, before you get your hopes up.
I'd also take a look at the calendar on the host's website, to see if the apartment is rented all year long, which is illegal in Paris.

This part of the 8th arrondissement has not much going for it - very few cafes, a couple of museums and churches, and long walks to the Metro.

Posted by
7688 posts

As I recall, the neighborhoods to avoid in Paris are on the North and Eastern sides of the city. The West side is very nice.

Posted by
10219 posts

Correct they are nice, but they can be dull and far from metro stations depending on where exactly. Chexbrex is right to verify the legitimacy and legality.