Please sign in to post.

Keukenhof gardens

What is the best way to get to Keukenhof gardens from Amsterdam? Thanks! Bob

Posted by
208 posts

Bob - just curious as to when you're going to be there. I leave for Dublin on Tuesday, arrive in AMS on Friday.

As far as how to get to Keukenhof, I think the best way is to get back to Schiphol airport (via train) and take the bus to directly to Keukenhof.

"Public transport

The most environmentally-friendly way to visit Keukenhof is by public transport. This is why Connexxion bus company has greatly improved its bus services to Keukenhof. From 20 March a direct bus will run to Keukenhof from Schiphol, The Hague and Leiden. This year, Connexxion is has gone a step farther and is offering a Combi-ticket from the centre of Amsterdam. Combi-tickets are on sale at VVV tourist information offices and Connexxion points of sale."

http://www.keukenhof.nl/nm/156/Practical-information-How-to-get-there.html

Good luck!

Posted by
178 posts

Bonne, do you know if there is somewhere we can store our luggage upon arrival at Keukenhof Gardens since we would be coming from the airport?

Then is there transportation to get into Amstertdam or do we go back by way of the airport?

Posted by
23 posts

It's been several years ago, but we bought a ticket at the train station in Amsterdam, and the bus picked up and dropped off there. They ran frequently.

Posted by
552 posts

Keukenhof - Opening hours: 19/03 - 21/05 - 2009

As Nadine mentioned, you're asking this question awfully early.

Posted by
21 posts

You can buy a train/bus/entrance ticket at the main train station in Amsterdam. We visited the gardens last May - the most beautiful gardens I've even seen!

Posted by
9363 posts

Well, Bill, he asked the question LAST April. Perhaps he has already been by now. And maybe he got there before they closed for 2008.

Posted by
484 posts

How funny. I find that a lot of these older threads
are showing up.