Please sign in to post.

Accommodations in Paris

Need suggestions on finding an inexpensive hotel in Paris for the 2nd week of June... Any ideas? I'm looking to pay around no more than $120/night. Merci!

Posted by
11507 posts

That not very mant euros,,, about 75 or 76 euros I think. Is this for a single room or double?
You are travelling during super high season, and you have left it very late,, well, I advise you to really jump on this, send out many enquiries and see what you can get, and you may have to move on the budget a bit. Even the hostels will most likely be booked, but you can try.

Not a hostel, but I think rooms run really cheap( about 60 euros a night for private bathroom) is a place called Perfect Hotel, location is decent and most reveiws support it as being decent enough for the price you will pay( which means rooms will be tiny, there will likely not be an elevator, and furnishings may be drab hotel 66 circa 1966, LOL)

If you are a single also try Mugent Hotel( nice but likely booked) Hotel des Mines , Hotel Familia(nice location).
Check out the search engine on tripadvisor.com france forums, I have used the Hotel reveiw section to find and book a few places.

Posted by
135 posts

Google Bed and Breakfast in Paris - there are numerous websites, some in English. Also, some of the language programs put up their students in private homes; you may be able to get an address that way. Even if some of these are on the fringes of Paris, there is mostly efficient public transport nearby. If you don't speak French and need a translation, maybe one of your local high schools has a French teacher who might help out.

Posted by
3313 posts

We stayed in the Hotel de Nevers near Place Republique last year. Very clean and spacious. Many rooms are with shared baths, but even those ensuite aren't very expensive - 65 Euros or so. It's in Rick's Book and gets great reviews on Tripadvisor. Make sure you're looking at the one on Rue de Malte. There's another with the same name that's more expensive and doesn't get good reviews

Posted by
1806 posts

Try any of the Accor hotels (especially the Ibis chain). Sometimes they have special rates starting around 49 Euros a night.

I stayed at the Ibis Gare du Nord Chateau Landon (10th Arrond.) once. It is a quick walk to 3 Paris Metro stops from this hotel as well as the RER line.

Plenty of restaurants, bakeries, shops, laundromat, internet cafes right in the neighborhood.

Also, maybe try a hostel (MIJE?) - if you are very lucky, you might be able to find a private room.

Posted by
3 posts

There are several great monasteries, according to the book: Europes Monastery and Convent Guesthouses by Kevin Wright (actually, as a resource - the book sucks but the lists help you find stuff online).

We are booked for one the last week in Paris for 52 euro a night. They have a 5 night minimum but it comes very highly rated by another article I found on line.

Hope it helps. If you want a few suggestions from the book, just private message me and I'll send you a few.

Have a great time!

Cheryl

Posted by
49 posts

You should try www.hostelworld.com
Booking is easy with a credit card, and you find lots of choises. That's what I use when I look for a hotel in Paris.