Please sign in to post.

tour photo sharing, how & why

How do you share a large number of tour photos with fellow tour members, so they can down load and select some to print? Last year used drop box & it was very, very slow with a large number of photos. Checked with my Weebly plan & it's limited to 100 mb. I am at Apple now, & trainer is going to talk with me about "shared photo streams"
Thank you for your response, Andy ( posted same question under Tech Tips area)

Posted by
185 posts

Hi Andy,

I use Flickr. All you have to do is send invites to friends so they can access your photo streams unless the account is unlocked, then I think you just have to send them the link to your photo stream. From there I believe they can print any photo they choose.

Hope that helps.

Posted by
32320 posts

Andy,

I've been using SmugMug for several years, and it's been excellent (despite the unusual name). It's both an extremely powerful website as well as being very user friendly, and provides an option to buy photos. It's also useful as an off-site backup for some of my better photos, and very secure as their Servers are backed up in multiple locations.

I have no idea whether any of the people on my tours have ever obtained prints from my site, but the option is there.

Contact them if you have any questions, as I've found that their customer service people are VERY responsive. You'll probably have an answer within an hour.

Posted by
11641 posts

Hi Andy. I use Picasa and Google+ and it works seamlessly. You can post publicly or privately to Google + and people can download the photos as you allow.

Posted by
884 posts

I find that the shared photo stream that is available right on the Apple devices is the quickest and easiest way to upload photos to share. Just create a shared site, invite folks via email, and upload for their use. I guess the only downfall may be that others would need some sort of Apple device, like an iPhone or iPad and access to WiFi.
I also post photos on my Shutterfly account. You can create shared sites there as well.

Posted by
893 posts

We use the shared photo stream that is on our apple phones and ipads. When we are touring it also is a way for our kids to keep up with where we are and what we are doing. You can make comments on the photos and so can they. They are easy to download and then print.