Please sign in to post.

Travelers' Helpline

Ok... I am not the type of person to get information from one source, I go from this website to Frommer’s, to Trip Advisor to Fodor’s to Wikipedia to lonely planet, DK Eyewitness and so on... yet I find so many in the other forums, belittling people for their taste in clothes, to asking a question to something that was posted a while ago, and then today I find people shaming a person for wanting to share a meal with their spouse rather than ordering two entrees. Why are people so judgmental? These forums are designed to ask for, and receive help. It seems like on the other sites it is as if you don't know the proper protocol don't bother posting. Here however people are warm and inviting- quick to share whatever they can. It is very refreshing. I am not trying to bash other places I am boasting about this one.

Posted by
9363 posts

Thanks, Colleen! I think this is a great group of people, too (with a few little exceptions here and there). And we really do try to give our best advice and share our experiences. First-time travelers, in particular, have a lot of questions. Rules change along the way, and frequent travelers know what they are currently. And having local experts from various parts of Europe is great, too.