Please sign in to post.

Student agency bus

When planning our trip for this summer, we took a chance by pre-booking and paying - no service charge - online for the Student Agency bus from Bratislava to Budapest. It was €9 per person for about a 3 hour ride. We were leery since the price seemed just too cheap.....but we figured, what the heck, it's just one quick trip how bad could it be.

It was FABULOUS! New, spotless bus, wifi, tv for each seat with movies and shows in English -free of charge-headphones included. also, they had a stewardess on board, in uniform! If you closed the shade you would swear you were on an airplane. the stewardess sold snacks and drinks at very reason prices. we didn't want to get off. There was a slight fee for luggage, a euro or two because we were going "international", but nothing to complain about.
I know Rick mentions them in his books, but I just had to write about them because we were so impressed with the trip.

Posted by
4637 posts

I agree. In addition the Yelow Bus has a working air-conditioning (not that usual there) and bathroom on board. It's a Czech company. On the link Prague - Brno they successfully compete with train with price. They are substantially faster than train on these links: Prague - Cesky Krumlov, Prague - Karlovy Vary, Prague - Liberec, Brno - Ceske Budejovice. They don't take standing passengers. Once the bus is full it's sold out. That's why it's important to book it ahead. The same company is also running trains (Regio Jet) on the link Prague - Ostrava and beyond Ostrava. The train is also yellow.

Posted by
11507 posts

Thanks for posting, its always great to get true accounts from other posters.