Please sign in to post.

NEED HELP

hey guys I need a little help. ok here go, i will be traveling from paris to switzerland by train then after a couple of days i will be leaving for Italy to venice and eventually going to rome from there. Ok so i will buy a ticket from paris to basel at which point i will buy swiss pass for 4 days since I'm staying 4 days in swiss (buying the ticket in basel). After i leave switzerland i will go to Italy from interlaken to milan which i buy a ticket separately then another from milan to venice since theres no direct train from interlaken to venice…. Then finally venice to rome which is a direct train buy a ticket there. Question is can i somehow buy all these tickets at once instead buying separately ?

Posted by
20948 posts

Will your Swiss pass be expired on the day you want to go to Venice?

Posted by
72 posts

i have the pass for 4 day mon, tues, weds, and thursday that thursday i will leave in the afternoon from swiss(interlaken to spiez to milan) on raileurope.com its making me buy a ticket from interlaken to spiez.. Shouldn't the swiss pass work from there ?

Posted by
20948 posts

Why in the name of all that is holy, are you dealing with RailEurope. You could have booked a through ticket from www.sbb.ch, and it would have been free to Domodossola, Italy.

Posted by
11613 posts

you can buy tickets for any trip within Italy, and many international trips, from Trenitalia.com from any train station in Italy, either at the ticket window or rrom a kiosk that takes euro (look for cash sign on the kiosk).

Tip: if you can commit to a spcific departure date/time up to 120 days in advance, you can save a lot, but if you miss that train or change your plans, your super-economy ticket will be useless. I got a €9 ticket from Milano to Venezia, eticket was emailed to me within seconds of purchase.