Please sign in to post.

Prepaid Cell Phone

I don't want to carry my cell phone with me. I am going to leave it in my hotel safe. I don't want to worry about loosing it, or it getting stolen. When I arrive I would like to buy a prepaid phone that will work anywhere in Europe. We will be visiting 12 different countries. If the prepay phone gets stolen or lost no big deal. I will just buy another. Is this possible? Are prepay phones available for purchase that can be used all over Europe? Thank you.

Posted by
9369 posts

You can buy cheap phones all over the place. Just make sure that you understand how to add minutes as you go (perhaps online, or by buying top-up cards). Every time you change SIM cards you change phone numbers, so you will probably be better off to buy one SIM, top it off as needed, and just pay the roaming charges in the additional countries.

Posted by
2 posts

Great. Thank you for the information. When I get to London I will buy a cheap phone with about $25 worth of minutes. It will probably never get used. It will just be for emergencies like if our tour guide don't show up or something. Thanks again. One less thing to worry about. First time to Europe. We will be there a month. Me, my wife and 4 teenage sons.