Please sign in to post.

Luxembourg

We are driving through Luxembourg on our way to Alsace/Lorraine region of France. We are looking for recommendations in Luxembourg ...should we drive along the countryside, or into the city for site seeing? Are there any particularly beautiful towns that we should see?

Posted by
1158 posts

Luxembourg is not that bad speaking of traffic. We want to avoid big cities like Paris etc. Even in Amsterdam we didn't have any problems driving in and out of it. Paris is very bad though. Hard to find a parking spot also.
I don't know about Alsace/Lorraine area. We went from paris south on Loire Valley, and stopped in a few small cities and villages.Traffic was fine.
I would make a list with the cities that are worh seeing and avoid the other ones. Big cities in France are much smaller in comparation with big cities here in the US.

Posted by
206 posts

Get a good Michelin map (a yellow one) for detailed Alsace/Lorraine region and their green guide which has excellent info for the area, plus it's light and flat. Some of the towns I remember Mulhouse, Colmar, Nancy, Riquewihr, and Strasbourg, just to name a few. Also the route du vin (wine road).