Please sign in to post.

Western Union

My husband and I travel every year to France. We really love Burgundy, and have found this wonderful gite in one of the ancient hill towns. They do not take credit cards, and last year, for a deposit, we sent them euro traveler's checks. This was OK, although somewhat of a rip-off. This year AAA tells us that Euro checks are not available because they can be counterfitted so easily. So we wonder about wiring money through Western Union. It seems almost too easy, although, as with everything else, there is a fee. Have any of you used Western Union? Let me know because I do not want to be sending 300.00 into outer space.

Posted by
3112 posts

I recently used Western Union to send a deposit for an apartment in Dubrovnik. I had to e-mail certain information to allow them to receive the deposit. Got a return e-mail a few days later saying the funds had been received. You can check Western Union's website to see if there's a pick-up location near your destination in Burgundy.

Posted by
1158 posts

Last time when I wanted to send some monet via WE the fees were very high, like $30 to send $100. The fee goes down if you send more money, but I didn't have to.
Ask them if they have a paypal account.