Please sign in to post.

Munich,Germany-14 Day Best of Europe Tour

I am going on the 14 day Best of Europe tour and we have free time in Munich. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to spend the afternoon in Munich. Thanks for your suggestions!

Posted by
174 posts

I second the suggestion for a biergarten! especially if it is a gorgeous day - nothing better than a beer and pretzels in a lovely German biergarten!

Posted by
11507 posts

And the guides will always give the group ideas.. trust me they are great at suggesting sites , how to get to them etc..

Posted by
153 posts

We went on that tour last year! It was an amazing time! We were their on a Sunday which meant the outdoor markets were closed. My husband really loves cars and BMW so we went to the BMW museum. It was easy to get to by subway and the train stops immediately in front of the compound. I am not a huge car enthusiast, but I had fun and My husband LOVED it!

Posted by
12040 posts

Step 1: Grab a beach towel or picnic blanket.

Step 2: Head to one of the Biergartens in the Englsicher Garten.

Step 3: Get your food and beer, and enjoy. Repeat Step 3, if desired.

Step 4: Find a nice grassy spot in the Englisher Garten and sit on your blanket/towel. Enjoy the people watching and ambiance. If it's a particulary hot day, dip your feet into the cool stream that flows through the park. Don't be surprised if you see some guys swimming naked (it's always the men, for some reason...).