Please sign in to post.

Blisters

Just a thought if you are prone to blisters or hot spots there is a product called sport slick that is remarkable and we never travel without some ready to help out

Posted by
552 posts

I'm intrigued, but it's still a little vague Lee.

Who makes it?

Is it lipstick, roll-on, or vaseline tub size?

Does it work for chaffed, hikers bum?

Posted by
10 posts

I am also interested in Sport Slick - available in Canada?

Sarah

Posted by
44 posts

lookit up on the net under sport slick it is used by hikers and distance bikers etc. it is in a tube and is like a petro. jelly but not as greasy or messy

Posted by
769 posts

a good preventative measure too are proper fitting shoes and also good merino wool socks made for lite or med or heavy hiking (chose the one for your urban or alpine adventure!)

Posted by
12172 posts

Sport Stick may be the same as what I learned from a distance runner in college, use anti-perspirant to prevent blisters. Blisters are caused by heat from friction. Good fitting socks and shoes prevent this. If you wear cotton socks, they will lose their cushion and allow blisters when they get wet from your feet sweating. Applying anti-perspirant to your feet in the morning keeps your feet dry and helps your socks prevent friction and blisters. Skipping cotton altogether also helps but it's still nice not to have sweaty feet.