Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Milan

We will be three nights in Milan in June and are looking for a nice hotel within walking distance of either the Duomo or Da Vinci's Last Supper. Can anyone recommend something?

Thanks

Posted by
32321 posts

Gene,

You might have a look at London Hotel Milano. It's within easy walking distance of the Duomo (at least I found it easy to walk), Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele, Sforza Castle and other sites, it's near shops on Via Dante, good restaurants in the area and easy access to Metro. I can't recall if I had breakfast there, but as I recall their breakfast area is very small.

Posted by
1626 posts

You might get more responses if you posted this in the Italy forum.

Posted by
1326 posts

I really liked the Hotel Gran Duca di York. I easily walked to the Last Supper and Duomo and museums. The staff was very helpful, the rates were reasonable, and there was a nice breakfast.

Posted by
672 posts

I second Grier's recommendation. We stayed at the Gran Duca di York in March 2011. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, served an excellent breakfast, and had a very helpful staff. Location-wise, it is literally across the street from the Pinoteca Ambrosiana and 5 minutes walk to the Duomo. We would definitely stay there again. Don't know if you are looking for restaurant recommendations also, so I'll take the liberty to add that we very much enjoyed the Antica Osteria (Vai Camperio 12), which was listed in Rick's Italy book. This cozy, neighborhood place served excellent food (e.g., various risottos, pasta dishes, and pork chop Milanese - the original schnitzel), was reasonably priced, and had a friendly staff.