Please sign in to post.

Place to stay in Salzburg

I am looking for a reasonable priced place for my daughter and I to stay in Salzburg, Austria. We will be there for 2 nights the end of March. We would like a room with bathroom. Anybody have any suggestions. We will be arriving and departing by train. So easy access. Thank you for any help

Posted by
3313 posts

You can get an immediate list of hotels near the train station with reviews from past guests at www. tripadvisor.com.

Posted by
189 posts

Hi, Nancy
My wife and I stayed at a truly wonderful B&B just outside of Salzburg last August. We were on a three week Eurrail trip through several countries. Once we arrived in Salzburg, we took Bus 25 to the B&B called Pension-Hotel Sallerhof. The bus ride to the B&B was 12 minutes along a beautiful area of Austria. This was a new establishment and built specifically as a B&B. Each beautiful room had modern bathroom facilities, private balconey, etc. The cost was Euro 35 per person per night. Complete and absolutely great breakfast included. www.sallerhof.at info@sallerhof.at The owner speaks complete English. The owner got us tickets for the Mozart concert/dinner. Bus 25 stops just a block away from the B&B and travels to Salzburg city center and to the old town. Dorsey

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you Doug and Dorsey for your knowledge. I will look into both of your suggestions. Thanks Nancy

Posted by
1166 posts

Kudos to the Hotel Sallerhof! Our family stayed there and found the staff incredibly helpful. They made our Sound of Music reservations and the tour van picked us up. It was nice to have someone else do these things that we had been handling ourselves! This hotel is actually in the small village of Grodig. We had a car. On our last trip, we took a 5 minute bus ride from the train station across the Salzach River to the old town under Hohensalzburg Fortress, got off at Mozartplatz, and stayed at Hotel Weisse Taube. Very centrally located-you walk out the door and get to wander the Getreidegasse. I would give thumbs up to either of these.

Posted by
12172 posts

I've also stayed at Institute San Sebastian. I really like it and have stayed as a single in a room with six bunk beds and as a family with two rooms sharing a bathroom. It's very clean and quiet and very affordable.

Since you want a bathroom in your room, however, it's probably not the place for you.