Please sign in to post.

hotels in Paris

Does anyone have comments on the Hotel Prince on Bosquet near the Eiffel Tour, or Hotel Prince Albert on Hyacinth near the Louvre? Any comments on either locations? I can't decide.

Posted by
11507 posts

Hi, did you check out the hotel reviews on them? you can just type in hotel name and the word reveiws and find lots usually. Tripadvisor.com is good too..

Posted by
208 posts

I'd recommend the Grand Hotel Leveque on Rue Cler. It is on a local street - not very touristy. If you walk out the front door of the hotel, turn left and go to the main intersection, turn right and about 5 minutes later you're looking at the Tour Eiffel.
We were there in 2004 - from the pics at the website it looks like its been updated.
http://www.hotel-leveque.com/en/who_we_are.php

Posted by
3313 posts

The Rue Cler might not be touristy compared to the lines below the Eiffel Tower, but it is very Rick-Stevesisty. Depending on when you're there you'll easy find the cafes filled with Americans toting a blue book.

Posted by
42 posts

Thanks for the responses. I had already tried the Hotel leveque and it was booked. I also checked all the websites I could to read reviews of the 2 hotels I mentioned above. They seem fairly equal in value and price. I guess I am most concerned about the area the hotel is in. I'm taking my oldest sister for her birthday, and she has never been to Paris. Of course, I am a RS fan and always travel on a budget and hopefully with a small footprint. I usually stay in the Republique or Sacre Couer area where rates are cheaper, and I have never stayed in the areas I have mentioned above. But since this will most likely be her only trip, I wanted her to have a smashing location. So I guess my question is more about the location. 5 minutes from the Champs du Mars vs 5 minutes to the Tuilleries. And then the local shops, cafes in the area, which would be more "local"?. I read that a Mcdonalds is in the area close to the Louvre. To me that is a turn off. Any comments? and thanks again.

Posted by
7209 posts

This Summer we are taking 14 high school students to Paris and staying at the Royal Phare hotel. It's located in the 7th with a view to the Eiffel Tower and directly across the street is the Ecole Militaire Metro entrance. A double was about 78 Euro per night...that's a pretty good price for the expensive 7th.