Please sign in to post.

eiffel tower

My wife and i are going to have dinner at the eiffel tower in paris ---i see it says formal ....does that mean tie and jacket ???

Posted by
2030 posts

Yes, if you are going to Jules Verne for dinner this is a must.

Posted by
219 posts

I don't think you should wear a penguin suit but a dark conservative one(navy blue) w/appropiate matching, tie, shoes, & collar shirt. IMHO.

Posted by
17 posts

hey thanks everyone for your reply...much appreciated.
fred

Posted by
17 posts

Ditto for Moulin Rouge - the website says 'elegant attire required'. Is this cocktail dress, formal attire or just a fancier dress to enjoy the evening?

Posted by
1 posts

Hi
Lido is elegant dress, tie and jacket for man, skirt or dress for women but not cocktail dress, just a simple black number is fine.
Moulin is more relaxed, men dressed in trousers shirt and the occasional tie. Women in trousers, skirt and a nice top.
Moulin is fantastic, but tip the bloke at the door to get a good seat.

Posted by
506 posts

No denim of any colour - no dockers - no boat shoes - no running shoes etc.

Elegant dress - means coat and slacks with dress shoes for men - dress, dress slacks, blouse, skirt with dress shoes.

Parisians dress up to go to the grocery store - AT ALL TIMES - no sweats and t-shirts except with the kids. Dining in a good restaurant is an event and is expected to be given respect - much like the wine - no plastic cups for the wine - no scruffy clothes in the Jules Verne. When in doubt where the tie -