Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Rome

Does anyone have a great recommendation for a hotel in Rome. I have read Rick STeves suggestions and just wondered if anyone has an opinion. I would like to be in the heart of rome, close to Campo de Fiori.

Posted by
99 posts

Thank you. I apologize for not being as savvy wih this site as others may be.. I am new to Rick Steves and NEW to Europen travel. I will access this search option before posting my next question, hoping to spare everyone! I love how helpful and friendly everyone has been and appreciate you directling me to all of the hotel options. Thanks you.

Posted by
64 posts

I stayed in two places in Rome that I both enjoyed. Palma Residence was a clean, well-located B&B near Termini (though not the most picturesque of neighborhoods). It was a little hard to find, but was a decent place. Walls were thin though. It was fairly reasonable at the time, about $100/double room.

The second place I stayed at, I adored - the hotel was called Hotel Rosetta (http://www.rosettahotel.com/) and was darling. Great room - four of us were sharing and it was very spacious. Close to a metro station with a few restaurants in the area. Convenient and easy to locate. We had our own shower, but shared a toilet. Staff was helpful and the place was cozy. Overall, I preferred this one to Palma Residance.

Hope that helps. Enjoy Rome!

Posted by
3250 posts

Hotel Smeraldo is listed in Rick's Italy 2008 book. We stayed in this hotel--it's clean, comfortable and in a great location near Campo de Fiori!

Hotel Smeraldo

Posted by
239 posts

Hi Dawn--We've also stayed at Smeraldo and really liked it! We loved being so near Campo dei Fiori and enjoyed the area. Skip the breakfast and grab cappuccino and pastry across the street from the hotel.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi Dawn,

I would also like to give an enthusiastic recommendation for the Hotel Smeraldo. On our first two trips to Rome, we stayed near Termini which was convenient for getting into and out of Rome. They were OK. On our last trip, we stayed at Smeraldo, which felt like we were part of a real neighborhood. The morning market at the Campo dei Fiori is a fun place to meet locals, the Piazza Navonna is an easy 10 minute stroll away, and there are good transportation connections nearby. Have a great trip!