Please sign in to post.

Traveler's Insurance

Hello, My husband are I are going to England in June. Because the country is so expensive, I am thinking of purchasing traveler's insurance. We are well now but...We are in our 60's which doesn't mean much either but to cover our accommodates, airfare and care rental, just in case....can you recommend some companies that one of you have used? Thanks.

Posted by
1449 posts

search using the top right box on the page since insurance has been discussed in great detail lately.

go to www.insuremytrip.com to check out policies from several companies.

BTW even if you're in fine health, that doesn't mean accidents can't happen. I'm in fine health, and I have car insurance, for example.

Posted by
219 posts

I used a 3rd party called http://www.insuremytrip.com/. I think I got the name from this helpline. I purchased my policy through this "agent" for 3 reasons. I was able to pick from a variety of policies of a few insurance companies, for me, the prices were reasonable, & I was able to talk to a living warm body who was very friendly & informative at an unusual hour: about midnight.

Posted by
769 posts

AIG Travel Guard often comes recommended - but the web site above has it as one of the listings... you might try to compare it there vs direct.

If its health coverage youre most interested in vs just trip cancelation, try Medijet Assist (also on that site) for world wide med-evacuation for either a whole year or per trip.

Posted by
525 posts

It's more trip /interruption/cancellation insurance but then will see what the recommended companies have. Thank you for the information. I know what I'll be doing this weekend.