Please sign in to post.

Magic Jack

I have an android phone and downloaded magic jack. Can I place a call FROM Europe to the States (free of charge)? Do I have to be in a wifi spot? Thanks !

Posted by
2535 posts

There have been a number of posts regarding Magic Jack on the Helpline. What's the advantage, if any, over Skype?

Posted by
23548 posts

None except you have to pay for it. You MUST use it with a wifi hot spot. If you use it with 3G/4G it will be very expensive so turn of your data roaming function.

Posted by
77 posts

Magic right after I asked my question, my flight attendant friend told me she downloaded Magic Jack on her IPhone for free and places a ton of calls from Europe and Asia on her phone, using the Magic Jack app. She pays nothing. She does not have to be in a wifi spot to place her calls to the US. NOW others from the States can NOT call her free of charge. She can only make outgoing calls to the US and Canada. But she pays absolutely nothing. It could be completely different on my android.

Posted by
9369 posts

You may not have to be in a wifi hotspot, but unless you want to pay crazy data charges, you had better be in one! I have serious doubts that you can make free calls outside of a hotspot.