110/240 AC volts charge question

I think I have this right, but please confirm. If all the electronic devices say 110/240, all I need is an adapter for the European plugs but not a converter, correct? (We'll be in Germany and Italy. The electronic devices to be charged include: Kindle, camera, Ipod, Garmin, and Blackberry. We purchased a Callpod charging unit, so all electronic devices can be plugged into the Callpod for charging with either the AC/DC adaptor or the car adaptor.

Posted by Nancy
Bloomington, IL, USA
8729 posts

You are correct. All you need are plug adapters.

Posted by Frank II
4844 posts

I used a Callpod, now I use a Fueltank, as do others here and none has ever had a problem.

Posted by Ken
Vernon, Canada
24137 posts

Karen, For the devices that can be connected to the ChargePod, you'll only need a Plug Adapter for the countries you'll be visiting. Continental Europe uses the style with two round pins. I'd suggest taking at least two Adapters, as they're easy to misplace. It's likely that at least some of the other devices you'll be travelling with (Kindle, Camera) use proprietary power supplies/Chargers. It's IMPORTANT that you check the specifications of EACH of the other devices to ensure they're designed for "world operation". Happy travels!

Posted by Paul
Tuscaloosa, AL
891 posts

Just to repeat the usual advice: If you lose an adapter or don't have the correct one, you can buy them in Europe in most drug stores or convenience stores, at least in the bigger cities. In the U.S., Walmart, Target, etc. have them as does the Travel Store here. I have found really inexpensive ones on ebay.