Please sign in to post.

WEATHER

I will be going to England for 1 week in May, then Venice for 1 week and finally Germany for 1 week. We will be leaving here on May 3rd and getting back to the states on May 29th. Wondering what the weather will be like so we know what to pack to keep warm if needed at all. Thanks

Posted by
1167 posts

The weather will be exactly like it normally is during that time period in the places you will be visiting. You can probalby find out what that is by checking websites from the cities you will be visiting.

Posted by
3313 posts

Plan on rain and cool temperatures. Take a fleece jacket and a light raincoat and you'll be fine.

Oh, and warm socks...

Posted by
10344 posts

Dennis: This link Click Here will take you to a website where you can input the name of cities where you will be, initially it will give the current weather, then click on "Averages and Records" and it will give long-term average weather by month. There are other websites too.

Posted by
2779 posts

May of 2006 was cold and rainy in Germany. May of 2007 was very hot and humid. Due to global warming and the consequential climate changes it's become so hard to forecast weather these days. 10 years ago it was rule of thumb that in Southern Germany May would be a warm and sunny month, that the first two weeks of June were colder and pretty rainy and that from around June 15th summer would finally get started. Last year summer took place in April and May. From June to November it was fall and winter took place from mid-December to late January. Since Feb 1st it's been spring so I suppose this year May could fall into early fall already...

Posted by
712 posts

I take a water proof rain jacket with hood - look for Goretex or Goretex like material. We had bought ours for our Alakan cruise a few years back and it came in handy in the British rain too. You're hand will be free of an unbrella. Plan on layers underneath to add more warmth as needed or not.