Please sign in to post.

hotel in prague

My wife and I will be spending two nights of our 25th wedding anniversary year in Prague this coming May. Do you have some good hotel recommendations? Our budget is up to $150 US per night (but would certainly like to get an excellent value for a lot less). We’re into cozy and classy; quiet; not big, modern and glitzy

Posted by
102 posts

Congratulations!

we stayed at the Hotel U Klenotika (sp) and were quite pleased. great location..and it has a lift...i love lifts..It was also very charming and quiet!

I swear OTIS (the elevator guy) should win some sort of award!

BTW if she falls in love with the Garnets have her buy them there, that will be the only place you can find them for a great price...

well, Prague or Wrangell Alaska

anyway, it's one of those kicking myself kind of things....i guess i will just have to go back! :) :)

have a wonderful time ...

i have a few photos of Prague, Cesky Krumlov on my site if you want to take a look!

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Ed,
Here's a link to another discussion about Prague hotels. Prague Lodging

Posted by
9 posts

I went to Prague in May 2006 and we stayed at the House of the Big Boot. We loved it. It is in the Rick Steves Prague book. They call it a hotel, but it really is a bed & breakfast as it is the owner's house. Big, old very lovely and the owners and the staff can't be more helpful or friendly. I believe breakfast is extra, but excellent, full breakfast, worth the money! It is one of the nicest places I have stayed in that is not a "hotel". Good location, can walk most places. Can walk to the bridge which is wonderful.

Have a great time, no matter where you stay as Prague is an amazing city.

Posted by
215 posts

We like Hotel Julian, quiet but classy, at about
your price including a great breakfast. It is
a little off the beaten path but public transport
at the corner.

Posted by
7209 posts

We booked through this website:

http://www.nifos.cz/

for a great deal on The Three Storks hotel in Mala Strana. It's a classy modern place located next to the Waldstein Palace and several foreign embassies. There are guards walking around everywhere so we felt extremely safe.

Posted by
582 posts

Just this past November, I stayed at the Crystal Palace Hotel. Good location. In November my room was only 54 Euros. The rooms are nice but not fancy. The price is much higher in peak season.
But, Prague in November was coooold!! I want to go back there again in the summer!

Posted by
3 posts

Hello Ed! Congratulations on your anniversary! I second the recommendation on Hotel Julian. We spent four days there in December. Easy walk into Old Town (about 20 minutes) or you can catch public transport right down the street. You can purchase a day pass for the busses and the metro at the front desk.

The hotel staff was most courteous and accommodating. We spent evenings before dinner relaxing in the lounge by the fire place. There's a cozy little pub downstairs where you can get simple plates. And the mini-bar is actually affordable!

The front desk can arrange an on-site massage for you (for about 30.00 USD).

Have fun! I can't wait to go back to Prague!

Posted by
1166 posts

We just returned from Prague and stayed at the Green Garland Pension (in Rick's Eastern Europe book). The rooms were very large, and we were right in the middle of everything! We never even needed our tram tickets that we bought. You could go out and explore in the morning, stop back by your B&B and enjoy their free coffee/tea bar and lounge on their sofas, then be ready to go back out and explore again. A very complete breakfast was included. Check them out in Rick's book.