Please sign in to post.

Travel in Northern Italy

My husband and I are planning on being in Brescia for a few days and would like to possible rent or care or travel by train to Padua, Venice, Ferrara, and Verona then leave from Brescia. Can anyone recommend where to go first from Brescia, visit the other places and end up in Brescia plus recommend the best mode of travel between each place. This is a lot to ask and I hope someone has a few suggestions. Thank you.
Eileen

Posted by
20205 posts

There are frequent trains for all of these. Because Between Brescia and Ferrara, you pretty much need to change trains in Padua, go Brescia-Venice-Ferrara-Padua-Brescia. Schedules at www.trenitalia.com. The summer Italian schedules are not out yet, so just look at dates before June 8. The schedules won't change much. There is a fast train from Brescia to Venice every half hour. One hour 47 minute journey time.

Posted by
791 posts

Brescia is pretty centrally located. You could go east and visit Verona, Vicenza, Padova and Venice or you could go west and visit Bergamo and Milano. All of those cities are on the A4 autostrada and connected by train as well. Very convenient.