Please sign in to post.

Hotels Paris

Hello: I am visiting Paris in October 2013.
I am wondering when would be the best time to book my hotel rooms? In other words how much in advance would be the best. And for tours and no-wait entry tix. Thanks, Gordon

Posted by
1976 posts

Hi Gordon. I'd book your rooms as soon as the hotel allows. I was in Paris last September and booked my hotels 3-4 months out; I thought I waited too long to decide, because September is a busy month for the city, but I did get the places and rooms I wanted.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you Sarah. BTW, have you used Steve's recommended tour outfit, Viator? Gordon

Posted by
2081 posts

hi, once i figure out if the place is what i want, where i want, i do it then. you will love Paris. happy trails.

Posted by
9420 posts

I would book hotels now. Read this thread from this Helpline re: Viatour... Pat's response in particular.

Posted by
4140 posts

One of the regular posters here , I believe her name is Kim from Paris , recently posted a FYI piece about hotel occupancy rates in Paris . If my memory serves , it ran about 85% . Given that figure ,booking as soon as possible , as others are saying , is quite a good idea .

Posted by
3 posts

I prefer to book small apartments. I've rented from apartments listed on www.homeaway.com in both Paris and Amsterdam. I have found this a cheaper, more comfortable alternative to hotels.

Posted by
11507 posts

Gordon, there are always rooms in Paris, thousands of hotels, BUT , to get a good room, at a decent price, in a great area, well that takes booking as far in advance as you can. I always book soon as my flights are booked, but I never take the discounted rate some hotels offer for paying in advance, since they are completely non refundable if you cancel, so I book hotels with decent cancellation policies. The reason I do this is the old "bird in the hand" thing, I get a hotel I am happy with, but I still look at forums and other options , more then once I have cancelled and rebooked with another hotel ,, not last minute though, don't mean that, but since I often book 6 or more months in advance I have lots of time to see some other suggestions and research them. BTW Early October is still a very busy season for hotels, its not really the tourists so much, but its a peak time for business travel, trade shows, the end of fashion season etc. So start looking!

Posted by
146 posts

I highly recommend Hotel Britannique (20, Avenue Victoria). It all depends on where you want to stay and how much you want to pay but personally, I think that it's a property with a great price and a great location - close to Notre Dame and all of the main sights. I've stayed there twice and I loved it both times!!

Posted by
345 posts

Now, of course we all want to know the details. An apartment or a hotel? If a hotel, what one and where? We just finished booking hotels in Versailles and in the 5th in Paris for May dates.