Please sign in to post.

100 ml toilettries

Any Canadians out there know the best drug store to find the small bottles of shampoo etc. Also, for anyone, ideas on buying/packing these necessities?

Posted by
180 posts

London Drugs usually has a good selection. Shoppers Drug Mart is hit and miss. I like to grab a few extra every time I stay at Westin Hotels since their shampoo is great.

However, I would recommend purchasing a few small refillable bottles instead and filling them up with the products you like. My wife always does that since she is really picky about her hair products.

Pete

Posted by
103 posts

Thanks Pete. My next questions is where do you buy these little refillable bottles. Not something I can remember seeing anywhere

Posted by
11507 posts

Walmart has a good selection of travel size stuff too, and as mentioned London Drugs.
Remember you can pack multiples so as long as they are all under 100ml and fit in one baggie,,so two of the 90 ml shampoos should be enough for 10 shampoos.

Posted by
1 posts

Melanie, I live in Langley/Surrey. Go to Walmart, they really do have the best selection! :)

Posted by
180 posts

Sorry Melanie... Camping stores are your best bet. Mountain Equipment Co-op is ideal - they have lots of types and sizes.

Pete

Posted by
14 posts

I have had some luck at dollar stores - I can't remember what is in Langley - but if you have a Dollarama or Dollar Giant I find not only do they have a great selection of empty bottles - but 2/$1 travel sized shampoos and conditioners - even some decent brand names too.

Posted by
808 posts

Dollarama sells hand sanitizer that comes in 100ml size. Use the sanitizer or pour it into another container. You get sanitizer and bottles on the cheap!

I like the bottles b/c they are clear transparent with a flip top lid, are flat and are sturdy. I use them and refill them with my preferred brands. They sell two in a pack for one buck and come in a box together.

I first discovered these b/c as EMS I use a lot of sanitizer and the bottles were kicking around and I thought they'd be perfect. I've used the same ones for about 2 years now.

Just remember to fill them (and all bottles) 3/4 full for contraction and bag them in a snack size ziploc bag. I've been doing this for years and it's working out well.

Posted by
191 posts

Hey I found Shoppers drug mart to be good, but as others have said it can be hit and miss.

I recently made the trip to Bellis Fair in Bellingham, and I have to say after doing so much searching for travel sizes bottles in products I liked I hit the pay dirt at Target. After searching so many stores and not finding exactly what I wanted I almost lost my mind when I saw the wall of travel size everything at Target. From bandaids, to every kind of shampoo and conditioner to moistertizers, and even small travel size bottles of Tylenol it was fantastic!

Posted by
103 posts

Yes they are. You can't take anything larger than 100ml bottles. Forget what that is in ounces. And it all has to fit in a 1 litre ziploc