Please sign in to post.

1/2 day trip to see tulips April 2 2011?

Is it worthwhile or would time be better spent in city We only have 2 days
Thanks

Posted by
870 posts

I'm assuming you want to go to the Keukenhof outside Amsterdam to see the tulips. In my opinion, yes, it's worth it. But, I love tulips and knew that walking through the garden would be enjoyable. I guess you will get opinions based on personal preferences.

Posted by
500 posts

It is a nice half day trip out of Amsterdam especially if you enjoy flowers. It's great to get a big hit of color after a long dreary winter.

Posted by
358 posts

The Kerkenhof gardens was the highlight of my trip to Amsterdam in 09. You can easily spend a whole day at the gardens and take 500 photos. We ordered some 100 tulip bulbs from the gardens and the following year what a nice addition to our gardens.

Posted by
32700 posts

I'd say only leave the city experience for a day at Keukenhof Gardens if you like flowers. If you really don't care for flowers, being in acres and acres of beautifully cultivated and planted beds of daffs, hyacinths, tulips, snowdrops, etc., won't do anything for you and you should remain in your city environment. Besides, it leaves more room for me; and with the crowds I'll take all the extra room I can get.

Posted by
591 posts

I'm hoping that heaven will look like Keukenhof in April.