Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass

I keep reading both bad reviews and positive reviews. Unsure as to what to do. I will be sightseeing in Paris for 3.5 days
Please Advise.
Thank you,
Carol

Posted by
4852 posts

Don't confuse the Paris Pass with the Paris Museum Pass. They are 2 different things. At least on these forums, you'll find no love for the former, but much enthusiasm for the latter; especially if you will visit enough places so that it pays for itself. Which isn't hard to do.

Posted by
11315 posts

We thought it a great value. Not only does it cover entrance at many places, but at some you can skip the line. Plan your itinerary by noting which museums you wish to see, adding up the cost of regular admission, and evaluating the financial benefits. Even if you simply break even, skip the line entry could tip the scales.

Posted by
1103 posts

We used the museum pass on our recent trip to Paris, and it worked out well for us. We had been to most of the Paris museums before, so we did not spend a great deal of time at each location on the recent trip.

Posted by
482 posts

The Paris Museum Pass comes in increments of 2 days. You can get a 2-day (48 €), 4-day (62 €), or 6-day (74 €) pass and the days run consecutively from the day you first activate it (use it). If you intend to go to places covered by the pass all 3.5 days, then a 4 day pass might be worthwhile for you. If you buy the 2 day pass, plan to use it on consecutive days.
Here's what the Paris Museum Pass covers http://en.parismuseumpass.com

We have found it useful since you don't have to stay at one museum long enough to get your "money's worth" (you can return for free). And it's also nice to just pop into a museum that you happen upon.

Posted by
11507 posts

Carol I think the bad reviews you’ve read are on the Paris Pass, which is as explained , not the same as the Paris Museum Pass .

Posted by
101 posts

Yeah - the Paris Museum Pass is almost a must. Even if you come a little short on covering the cost for it by which museums you visit - its pretty invaluable for skipping lines at most locations (D'Orsay, Louvre, Versailles, etc). I highly recommend it.

Posted by
5211 posts

Carol,

Adding to the chorus here. The Paris Museum Pass is a great deal!

You may be interested in reading this post where I compared the Paris Museum Pass with the Paris "Pass".

Enjoy your time in beautiful PAris!

Posted by
2545 posts

You do not need to purchase a Paris Museum Pass to be able to skip the ticket lines. Any ticket you purchase in advance allows you to do that and virtually all museums sell tickets in advance. The Museum Pass might be a good value for some but for others it can be a waste of money. It depends upon your objectives.

Posted by
5581 posts

In my opinion, the Paris Museum Pass is always a win. I've purchased it all three of the times I've visited Paris. However, you could list the places you want to go and then add up the prices if purchased individually. For art museums, the Orsay and the Orangerie are more my thing, if I hadn't purchased the museum pass, I might have skipped the Louvre. Instead, we decided since it was in the pass, we'd stop in even if just an hour or so. So glad we did. The Louvre is so much more than the art (which is quite good), it is an amazing building that was formerly a royal residence. The pass also allowed me to spend a little time at the Pompidou and then catch the great views from there at dusk. Other favorites of mine on the Paris Museum Pass are the roof of the Notre Dame, Arch de Triomphe, and Sainte Chapelle. I've never heard positive comments on the Paris Pass, but always hear that people thought the Paris Museum Pass was a great deal.