Please sign in to post.

Global entry

Reading the conversation about long lines into Paris out of CDG, does Global entry mean anything anymore?

Posted by
8367 posts

Lynn, I wonder if you can clarify your question. Are you asking if a US government program with US Customs and Border Patrol will work with France? If so, I don't think so. Were you really asking that or something else?

Posted by
8047 posts

Global entry is amazing for both leaving and entering US airports after an international flight BUT it means nothing at CDG -- it is an entirely US program.

Posted by
41 posts

Thank you for your replies. I was under the impression it works over seas. I'm a rookie!

Posted by
7 posts

In France, there is an equivalent system called PARAFE
According to this site: https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F35295 :
The Parafe system is aimed at Europeans: Germany, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg , Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, United Kingdom, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland. and to nationals of the following countries:

United States
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Japan
South Korea
Singapore

Note: the Parafe system is maintained for British nationals.
Passport

Your passport must be valid.

You must follow the Parafe sign to locate the Parafe automatic airlock.

You must follow the following steps:

You present alone at the entrance to the airlock: Passage equipped with a system to allow or prevent a person's access to a place. For example, a biometric system can identify a person with a photo of their face or by capturing the image of their fingerprint. initials
Remove your glasses, scarf, hat and mask
Place, at the entrance to the airlock, your passport on the reader, on the photo page
After reading your data, enter the airlock
Look at the camera (facial recognition) and follow the instructions displayed on the screen in the airlock

Posted by
10185 posts

In reality, the biometric passport booths were in service for several years, but only for EU passport holders, then shut down until recently due to the pandemic. They were still closed when we entered in March but newly reopened when we flew to the US in May. We had EU passports.

One person has reported their implementation for US passports here. They do speed things up.