Please sign in to post.

Restaurants in the 6th Arrondissement/Luxembourg Gardens?

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone recommend cafes/bistros/brasseries/restaurants/boulangeries/patisseries in the 6th Arrondissement/Luxembourg Gardens area of Paris? My family (2 adults and 2 teen kids) will be staying in the 6th Arrondissement/Luxembourg Gardens are for a week in early July.

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Mike

Posted by
365 posts

Where to begin?! We stayed and LOVED the 6th you’ll find so many things to enjoy. Foodie paradise

Our teens still talk about “the steak frites place” our hotel sent us to:

https://www.relaisentrecote.fr/?page_id=205&lang=fr_FR

L’avant Comtoir has a wine bar where you stand - and order tapas style dishes we LOVED that and yes kids welcome to come in esp older it’s easy for them to reach the bar height for eating.

Les Deux Magots is cliche, but a fun spot for a bit of a snack and people watching

Don’t miss La Grande Epicerie- picnic supplies but also chocolates and anything else you could dream of to take home.

I could go on forever! So much delightful food to discover and enjoy.

Posted by
27 posts

Thank you Mary for your wonderful reply! I truly appreciate your time and help! We are so excited to be temporary locals in the 6th for a week in July!

Posted by
365 posts

Can’t help myself here are more faves of the sweets variety…

poilâne

Berthillon (ile Saint-Louis)

lebonbonaupalais.com

And of course you’ve got Laduree, Pierre Herme, and SO many more with shops in the area. Oh you’ll have a wonderful time!!

Enjoy picnics in the park that was our favorite.

Posted by
380 posts

Nossa, a casual Portuguese chicken place in the 5th, is amazing! La Maison d’Isabelle, the BEST croissants, at Place Maubert Mutualite. Solques Bruno on Rue St. Jacques - a small boulangerie with incredible food (favorite is small brioche with dark chunks of chocolate). Pizza Rustica on St. Andres des Arts. The places in 5th aren’t far from 6th.

Posted by
27 posts

Thank you Shelly! I truly appreciate your recommendations for the 5th Arrondissement!!

Posted by
380 posts

You’re welcome! I have a bunch of recommendations for the 6th, too, but am more familiar with those in the 5th. If you’d like, I can paste them from my Word doc into a DM.