Please sign in to post.

Restaurants - Paris

We will be in Paris this Sept. Looking for eating suggestions in the following locations: 17 Arr. [where we will be staying], Marais, Montmartre, Museums [along the Seine}. We enjoy local [non tourist] type eateries. Last year when visiting Rome, we used the Forum suggestions. They were spot on.
Thanks, Joe

Posted by
873 posts

It’s not elegant but we feel like the falafels at L ’As du Falafel are a must.....so good and affordable.....its in the Marais.

Posted by
11315 posts

Montmartre: La Cave Gourmand has amazing boeuf bourguignon and a warm goat cheese salad to swoon over.

Along the Seine: across from Norte Dame: Aux Arts is great for pastry and coffee of a light lunch. We stop every time we are in Paris.

Posted by
5581 posts

I would second L ’As du Falafel. We like to take ours to the Place des vosges to eat them.

Cafe St. Victor in the Latin seems to be frequented by a lot of locals. It's more of a brassiere with an outside area. It is quite reasonably priced.

Posted by
271 posts

L'As du Falafel is great, but the last time we were there, the line to get in was so long (and we were so hungry!) that we went to the place across the street Mi Va Mi. Also quite good, according to my fussy Israeli husband, who is particular about his falafel!

Posted by
3961 posts

Another vote for L' As du Falafel! We took a Jewish Walking Tour of Le Marais with www.sightseekersdelight.com. I highly recommend! Part of the tour included lunch at the restaurant. Because we were on the tour we were able to bypass the queue and be seated immediately. It was a wonderful cultural experience and delicious food!

Posted by
119 posts

We had a lovely meal at this restaurant just a couple of months ago. Great service, market-fresh food, and quaint atmosphere on a quiet street in the 17th. We were very pleased with this restaurant.

http://www.letroisquart.fr/