Please sign in to post.

London tea?

Hi, looking for suggestions for places to have tea in London. Thanks!

Posted by
4341 posts

If you do a search of this site, there are many threads on this subject.

Posted by
531 posts

My two cents as I didn't see either of these places mentioned in the other two threads:

I've had afternoon teas at both Brigit's Bakery and the Sanderson hotel in London. The latter was a Mad Hatter/Alice in Wonderland themed tea, which was really fun/cool, but spendy and a lot of food for one person. I did like the nice variety of savory and sweet though.

With Brigits, I really wanted to do the bus or boat afternoon tea, but they wouldn't allow me to book for just one person without paying for two. Ended up having tea at their shop and it was a bit underwhelming to be honest.

If you are doing this for two or three people, either of these options would work well. The Brigit's Bakery boat option might be cool!

Posted by
59 posts

If you like cheese and honey, you might have afternoon tea in HIVE Restaurant in Selfridges Department Store, which was featured in the PBS series a couple of years ago. Cost for one is about £30, or £40 if you want a glass of fine champagne.
I’m planning to enjoy afternoon tea there in a week or two from now.

Posted by
9420 posts

Fortnum & Mason had the best Afternoon Tea we’ve ever had any where in England and Edinburgh. All you can eat and the highest quality.

Posted by
734 posts

Another request to clarify, tea can be an cup of, childrens early evening meal or a fancy afternoon affair with little fancy cakes and sandwiches.

Posted by
9420 posts

Most of us assume what most Americans mean when asking where to have tea,… Afternoon Tea.

Posted by
9 posts

I'm referring to afternoon tea, or "low tea." I don't think I'd be making advance reservations for the other teas. Thanks

Posted by
620 posts

For something different, and by that I mean 'quirky':
The Zetter Townhouse. fantastic food, drink and service. Special surroundings.
I am done. the end.