Please sign in to post.

London Lodging

Planning a trip for end of May 2023. Taking our 3 grown kids so need a total of 4 rooms. No "reasonable" lodging available from listing in the London guidebook.

Has anyone had any experience with Sidney Hotel on Belgrave Road in London?

Thank you in advance.

Posted by
1922 posts

You might get more responses posting this in the Destination Q & A section of this Forum. I found this Q & A to be very helpful.

It sound to me you would do best with a flat so I am recommending airbnb or VRBO.

I use booking.com a lot which might be helpful to you.

Posted by
1318 posts

What is reasonable to you in British pounds? It will make a difference here on what responses you receive.

Posted by
13 posts

Thank you for the Q&A recommendation. I will try that as well.

My husband is uncomfortable with VRBO and Air B&B...

Looking at spending about $200 US per room per night...

Posted by
1922 posts

I am a senior citizen on a pretty tight budget.

I got a lot of recommendations for Premier Inn's which seem to be very decent and reasonable for London.

Posted by
1318 posts

Shelly, as mentioned, Premier Inns are priced well. I stayed four nights at Premier Inn Waterloo and the cost was about $155/night. The location was great (Westminster Bridge was very near) and the Queen sized bed comfortable.

Posted by
8372 posts

Frank means that that are two threads going at the same time. When he posts that, it is to encourage forum members to consolidate their answers on just one thread or it gets pretty confusing. No problems, though. It is wonderful that the OP gets so many responses.

Posted by
6113 posts

If you are looking around the weekend of 27 May, that is a bank holiday, so places will be busier. Your budget is a tad low for a weekend. Premier Inns are a reasonable choice, but even they are £200 a night for the last weekend in May.

Consider apartments on Booking.com - I stayed in one last week.

I don’t know the Sidney Hotel, but it’s on a very busy road, so wouldn’t be my choice.

Posted by
8372 posts

As I posted on the other thread. Book Premier Inn Waterloo with a refundable rate. Lock in the price now. Then, you can "keep looking" if you feel the need, but know you have something in your budget in hand.

Personally, I like Premier Inn Waterloo and have stayed there in the past and would quite happily stay there in the future. The location was excellent for exploring.

Posted by
4392 posts

Instead of having a price, I would start doing research and figure out what the going rate is for what you want, where you want, when you want. Google flights has a hotel option and there's Expedia.

Also remember Rick is not the only guidebook, try Fodor's and Frommers

Posted by
11176 posts

The "$200 USD" the OP is looking for is ~167 GBP

Posted by
27 posts

We stayed at the Premier Inn Westminster last spring and used two rooms. Very reasonable, super cheap, not fancy, but clean and 10 min walk to Big Ben and the London Eye is right next door. We also stayed at a Premier Inn near St. Pancreas - it was slightly nicer, but we liked the location of the Westminster one since we literally walked around the corner to Westminster Bridge.

Posted by
908 posts

Why don't you look at booking.com and get an idea about hotels in the are where you wish to stay? More than once I have used google maps and had it focus in on hotels in the area where we were interested. The guidebook is not the only reference for hotels that folks use on this website. If you will give us the area where you are looking to stay, I am sure you will get numerous references.