Please sign in to post.

Verifly app and Malta

I had hoped to visit Malta later in 2022, but Americans are apparently required to have their vaccination card verified using the "Verifly" app. However, like more people than you might think, I do not own a mobile phone, nor do I wish to. Thus, I can't use an app. Is there another way I can enter Malta, either by having my card verified in person by someone at the airport, or by doing it online on a non-phone computer? Has anyone out there managed to get into Malta without a phone, and how was it done? Many thanks for any help!

Posted by
11 posts

I can answer my own question now, having contacted various tourist offices and health departments in Malta, none of whom seemed able to give me a straight answer until finally I received a polite reply from tourismcovid-19helpline@visitmalta.com (which contact I can now highly recommend) and they said "A hard copy of your vaccine certificate will be enough."

Posted by
11 posts

Furthermore, according to Malta's covid helpline, "You would need to use Verifly on tablets available at the airport ideally prior to boarding." This is good to know, because as far as I could tell this information was listed nowhere else on the internet - which is why I am posting it here on the off chance that anyone needs to know!