Please sign in to post.

So confused!!!

We are flying TPA/LGW transport to LHR/VIE and return is same in reverse (tickets are roundtrip to VIE). So what country do I need to check as far as testing requirements? Do I need to fill out travel locator forms for London and Vienna? And do I need to comply with both locations regarding testing, and vaccinations? Our trip out puts us in the 12 hour window, the return flight does not.

We also have a roundtrip flight from VIE to ZAG.

So possibly will need to test before we leave, in VIE before we fly to ZAG, in ZAG when we return to VIE, and finally when we hit London B4 flying home? This seems excessive, but wondering if this is what is needed.

Posted by
569 posts

Into London there should be nothing, no vaccine, no test, no plf forms as they are back to 2019 rules. Austria if you don't qualify as vaccinated, you would need a negative test, 72 hours for pcr, just 24 hours for rapid antigen test is validity expiration by which time you have to have arrived in Austria, I believe. This is only if you don't qualify as vaccinated. That 24 hour window is pretty tight in my view so a pcr test might be a better approach.

Posted by
127 posts

Even the 72 hours is tight, but yes we can make that before our flight into VIE. So then probably just one of the same in ZAG or maybe LGW before the flight home. Not sure if we'll need one for VIE as our flight into the airport and out is within the 12 hr window. It would be nice to do one from our hotel in LGW before our flight back to USA. Not sure if the stars will align but only 2 tests would be nice.