Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Vienna

Looking for an inexpensive hotel in Vienna near the city center for a trip in October. A good walking location would be ideal, and a breakfast would be a plus. Especially desire a clean and safe place. Thank you for your help!

Posted by
5384 posts

What are your exact dates and your maximum budget per night?

Posted by
5384 posts

Your budget is tough and won’t get you near the center. I checked booking.com. I have a feeling that several large conventions are happening on your dates as availability is poor. Best bets are the fairly soulless hotels around Hauptbahnhof - Star Inn, Ibis, Schani - which are clean and new. Not much in that area for dining or atmosphere, but you can take the Ubahn and be at Stephansplatz in about 5-7 minutes. Good news - all of Vienna is exceptionally safe.

Posted by
3847 posts

Motel One Staatsoper is a block south of the Opera House/Opernring. I have stayed there and really liked it (along with other Motel One properties in London, Stuttgart, and Bremen). It's a German-based chain that offers hotels with great common areas and small, spotless rooms with a dash of flare. For your dates, it's at the upper end of your budget: 182.60 € for one person for 2 nights without breakfast. 205.60 € with breakfast (typical German buffet breakfast with some organic offerings). Price is a little more for a couple.

Posted by
873 posts

Just stayed in Hotel Austria a week ago. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet and we overheard the front desk discussing hostel options available for some of the guests that were staying there. Great location, a few walking blocks from St. Stephens Square.....very clean and safe. Good restaurants nearby as well and a nice big Spar grocery store available across the street.

Posted by
5384 posts

Pretty sure Hotel Austria is above the OPs budget.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you all for your help and wonderful suggestions. I looked up every place mentioned, and the one that fit our budget, and had rooms available, was KT Boardinghouse. It looks like it’ll fit our needs perfectly. Thank you again. You all were a huge help!

P.S. It’s a good thing we’ll only be in Vienna for 2 days - the food looks amazing!😄