Please sign in to post.

What became of the Village Turkey tour?

I have not saved prior year tour brochures, but wasn't there a Village Turkey tour in past years? I recall it stopping at two sites we would much like to visit, Gallipoli and Troy. Does anyone have advice on tacking these destinations on to the current 13 day Best of Turkey tour?

Posted by
16894 posts

Hi, James. I believe that after a couple of years, customer demand was no longer sufficient to fill that Village Turkey tour. Popularity of different tour routes ebbs and flows in unpredictable ways. The route from Kusadasi back toward Troy, Canakkale, Gelibolu, and Istanbul is a corner of Turkey that I have not visited, but I would feel comfortable to visit it by bus, and using the Lonely Planet guidebook, as I did in other parts of Turkey.

I also would not hesitate to rent a car, especially for two or more people. I know that other tour members have done that successfully after their tours and the driving is no different from Europe. www.autoeurope.com is a US consolidator that will book car rental from Kusadasi.