Please sign in to post.

Turkey Tour 2014

My husband and I are considering taking our first RS tour this fall. We have traveled for many years using his guidebooks but are a little uncertain about doing so in Turkey. I would love some input on the Turkey tour. We are also considering Greece and Eastern Europe.
Thanks!
Sharon

Posted by
4154 posts

We are signed up for the week in Istanbul one, 10/5-11. We plan to arrive a day early and follow the tour with a few weeks in Greece on our own.

I understand your question. That RS tour will be our first. I have been quite confident about going all kinds of places and have no problem with doing the planning for Greece (did that before 35+ years ago), but I was not very confident about planning Istanbul on my own.

Whichever tour you are considering, go to Our Tours, select the tour, and scroll down the page to see the Reviews. That should help you get started. Those reviews especially helped me with my packing planning.

Posted by
16893 posts

Hi, Sharon. I have traveled on all three tours and loved all three. But I would definitely encourage you to go ahead to Turkey. I love the diverse mix of sights on that route - religious, political, pre-history, Greco-Roman history, Byzantine, the unusual rock formations and caves of Cappadocia, and a warm Mediterranean cruise and swim (weather permitting). The food is also delicious!