Me and my wife are planning to go to Turkey in the beginning of October. We are planning to visit the following cities in the sequence they are listed :
Istanbul - 3 days (4 nights)
Konya - 1 day (1 night)
Cappadocia- 2 days (3 nights)
Ephesus - 2 days (staying 1 night in Izmir and 2 nights in Ephesus)
We are both retired. We don't want to rush. I have the following questions:
1. Is the sequence of cities appropriate?
2. Have we allocated enough time for each city. (I understand time depends on what we want to see)
3. What's the best means of travelling between these cities?
4. Where and how to buy the tickets for museums, transportation etc. online?
5. Is beginning of October a good time to visit these cities?
6. Do we need tourist visa?
7. Good reasonably priced hotels in these cities?
Any additional information will be greatly appreciated.